Yin & Yang Philosophy
May our study be enlightening...
Yin Yoga is so much more than asana – it's also a platform for growth and transformation. If we want to help our students build up the inner resources to meet life's challenges, then we have to share the practices that train them up.
In this Yin & Yang Philosophy workshop, discover how the interplay between Yin & Yang energies permeates all aspect of life and how to assess your own harmonies and imbalances. You will gain a deeper understanding of the origins and application of Yin & Yang theory and how to weave these concepts into your Yin Yoga classes.
In this 2.5hr online workshop, we'll place the theories of Yin & Yang within the wider philosophical context of Taoism and trace them through to a modern yoga context.
- The origins of Yin & Yang theory and how it relates to Taoist metaphysics
- The meaning behind the ubiquitous Yin & Yang symbol
- The primary correspondances that describe how Yin & Yang energies permeate all aspects of manifestation
- The four aspects of Yin & Yang and how they affect our lives
- The conditions that fuel transformation in the manifest world
- Applying these concepts to our lifestyle and practicing/teaching of yoga
- Ways to weave these concepts into your classes and workshops.
Your Investment Includes:
Jennifer brings a compassionate approach and talent for making complicated material accessible and interesting. You'll get lifetime access to the following:
- 2.5hrs recorded video instruction
- Printable workshop notes with key terms and diagrams
- Additional handouts and recommended resources
Jennifer O'Sullivan has been teaching yoga and meditation in the Washington, DC area for sixteen years after completing her first training in 2004. She has studied with exemplary yoga teachers from a number of disciplines but is most influenced by Don and Amba Stapleton of Nosara Yoga Institute and Sarah Powers. Jennifer is also greatly inspired by the mindfulness teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh and Bhante Gunaratana. She is endorsed by her primary teacher Sarah Powers to teach Insight Yoga, a heart-centered approach that weaves together yoga, Taoism, Buddhism and spiritual psychology.
A teacher's teacher, Jennifer has co-led 200hr teacher trainings and she currently leads her own 50hr Foundations of Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training throughout the mid-Atlantic US. She is a mentor in the Insight Yoga Institute and an assistant to Sarah Powers. You can view her complete bio at: www.sati.yoga.